Jupiter is now in Leo! We have all been looking forward to this shift in the hopes that lady luck will smile upon us and bring more love, abundance and joy into our lives! And this is certainly the highest manifestation of this wonderful transit. But I saw a great post this morning that said, "If we don't feel grateful with what we already have, what makes us think we will be happy with more?" And I thought that was a powerful statement to be conscious of as we move into this big, bold, exciting energy that will ignite our desire to create more in our lives. And since Ego and Spirit are two sides of the same coin, I thought a healthy reminder of the duality of this transit might also be helpful.
Over the top!
All the great stuff you've read about Jupiter in Leo is true. It will bring opportunities, blessings, love and good-fortune for many people over the coming year. Yes! This transit ignites wonderful things! And I certainly don't want to be a Debbie Downer. However, I am in the business of Duality, so it's just as important to me to make you aware of how the shadow side of this can possibly manifest as well as the good it can bestow. There will be enough extra fire and drive to push things beyond our wildest dreams and also enough to push them right over the top. And with Saturn finishing out the year in Scorpio, Mars also bringing an intensity to our actions when it moves into Scorpio on July 25th, and Jupiter making aspect to both at times, there can be accidental causalities left in the wake of your blaze to the top if operating unconsciously. Here are just a few things to be aware of over the next year to ensure you make the most of this highly spirited energy.
- Leo rules the Sun and the Sun is our Ego. So be mindful of yours and be conscious of the possibility of inflated ones operating around you.
- Leo is the showman, entertainer and spotlight seeker by nature, and with this boost from Jupiter, now the drive and pull for center stage can be even stronger, and possibly without regard for the needs or feelings of others, even with the best of intentions. And in the spirit of dramatics, we will likely see plenty of extravagant drama created, even if it's just for show or fun. Think reality TV.
- And with both Jupiter and Leo ruling good-times, adventure and larger-than-life living, there will likely be a strong tendency to go too far, over-indulge and over-spend.
- Jupiter rules beliefs and overall life philosophy, and once this has been established, a fight to stand by it can lead to unintended arguments, heated debates or even war. Jupiter/Sag. does not like to be wrong by nature, so adding the extra ego boost from Leo can pack a punch when provoked.
Sunny Side Up!
Our Sun sign also represents our Spirit and the true essence of our personality. And our lives are all about our personal journey toward finding fulfillment, understanding, acceptance, love and happiness in who we are. So with Jupiter, the planet of faith, philosophy, spiritual awakening and expansion moving through the ruler of the Sun, Leo, we will all feel the desire to broaden our horizons, do more of what brings us the most joy and express our true personalities in the world in a much bigger way. And when we lead from a true knowing of ourselves, with love and with a giving heart, wonderful things can happen. So if we live with our sunny side up, this can be a time of great opportunity, growth and celebration of life. Here are just a few of the positive manifestations that can come from an honest embrace of this highly spirited energy.
- A letting go of Ego and showing Love through the support of all walks of life beyond even our own.
- Expansion of faith, confidence, creative expression and spiritual practice.
- Blessings and celebrations of true love, children and the joy that comes from being our authentic selves.
- Personal growth, financial improvement and learning through travel, career opportunities and relationships.
It's likely that we will all experience both sides of this same coin over the course of the next year. And there can be value in both. It takes a well adjusted, strong Ego to power up and put ourselves out there for possible rejection as we travel the road toward success and fulfillment. We learn more from our failures than we do our successes anyway and it takes confidence to take risks to make things happen. So there is a substantial benefit from the Ego boost that Jupiter in Leo can bring, especially for those typically less able to step out of their comfort zone to achieve goals. I personally fall into this category, so I am actually hoping for a little healthy assistance in this area myself.
And if you witness yourself or someone else someone operating out of greed, selfish motivation or without regard for others, and you cannot find or reveal good reason to make a shift, then let them push too far and possibly fall over a cliff, because their real growth will begin when they land in a dark canyon.
We all have our unique road to hoe on our quest to blissful, spirited, true Self expression. Jupiter in Leo is an awesome energy to take advantage of in the next year to make some real progress on our individual journeys and as a global community. If we can operate from Spirit and consciously use the gift of this added strength, optimism and enthusiasm to seek the better life and world we all dream of, then we can all achieve great things without letting Ego take over!
To end on a high note, both of these energies are warm, fun, generous, optimistic, social, silly and super out-going. So this is the overwhelm of goodness we are all hopeful to receive, be a part of and create now. It will be infectious, fabulous and impossible to resist. There is no doubt this year will have a very welcomed, much lighter vibe. Jupiter is a twelve year cycle and spends about one year in each sign. So it's been 12 years since we have enjoyed Jupiter in Leo and will be twelve more after this until we do again. So Embrace it! Enjoy it! And share it!