This Sunday, March 2nd, the task-master planet in the intense water sign of Scorpio goes retrograde for the next 4 months. Ouch, I know, that seems like forever. But it's not really. And it's actually a great time to do the inner work necessary to shift the second half of the year into the direction of your real purpose and career.
Let's break that down!
Let's break that down!
1. Re-Commit your Self. -Saturn is the planet of growth, maturity, loyalty, endurance and personal authority. It challenges us to strive for these things by also ruling lessons, fears and limitations. So this is a great time to reassess your level of commitment to the direction, work and purpose of your life. Are you working hard and confidently toward the things that mean the most to you? Are you restricting yourself or allowing others or circumstances to limit your potential or options?
2. Re-Define your Terms. - Saturn also represents the rules, regulations, responsibilities and 'how to's' of life. This is a great time to redefine your terms. If the way things have currently been set up are not functioning well, honoring who you really are and what your worth or keeping you from presenting the world with the best you have to offer, maybe it's time for a change. Are you setting the bar too low or your expectations too high?
3. Re-Direct your Path. - Saturn rules the area of career status, financial success and life path. This is an opportunity to discover and assess if you are traveling the right road, fulfilling your true life's purpose and accomplishing your life's work and goals. Are you building abundance through your ambitions? Are you working to live or living to work? Do you do what you love or just do what you have to do to survive?
That's the general insight for any Saturn Retrograde. Now let's put it into more specific context by looking at this coming Saturn Retrograde in Scorpio March 2nd - July 20th.
This Saturn Retrograde is in Scorpio which is the all penetrating, powerful, commanding and controlling energy that rules major transformation, death and rebirth. Saturn retrograde in Scorpio forces us to uncover the truth of who we are and demands that we face our truth and fears so we can learn, mature and evolve into the best possible versions of ourselves. Scorpio is intense water and Saturn is ruled by Capricorn which is solid Earth. So this process can be emotional, dark, painful, overwhelming, and extremely liberating when mastered. Death is a natural part of life and something must always die for something new to grow. This time can provide the insight and strength to investigate what that might be in order to take your life and career to the next level.
Another element that supports this process now is that Pluto the planet ruled by Scorpio is in Saturn's natural sign Capricorn. This is called Mutual Reception and represents exactly what you might guess... working together! These energies working together push us toward the absolute necessary maturing, growing up, and getting real that can place us on our ultimate destined path…individually and as a global community. This is about having the strength to take a hard look at the true motivations behind our behavior in getting what we think we want. What we are bringing to this world and what is our true intention in bringing it? It's time to get real and work more purely.
Basically this energy being drawn inward can manifest as Extreme Restructure in two possible ways;
1. Total deconstruction or restructuring induced by a major crisis or dramatic out play of events.
2. Total deconstruction or restructuring through inner strength of character and willingness to surrender to the powerful tides of change with consciousness.
Either way things go down, it is quite difficult when we are forced to see and deal with tough situations in life we don't want to see or deal with. It can bring out the best and the worst in humanity. So whether it's time to demand what you're worth or have earned, pay the piper or time to reconcile your own reality within; realizing your personal power and how to best direct it consciously, and for the highest good, will be the best way to endure this time.
Commit to doing whatever it takes to build the life that aligns with your deepest truth! For your well Being!
I hope this insight can help you navigate these current energies now and beyond with consciousness and success. And remember you can follow me on facebook and twitter for more daily support.
Please feel free to share your thoughts and comment below! I want to hear how these Astrological times are impacting you and how I can best serve you in the future.