Life's Defining Moments



The Astrological ‘mid-life’ cycles begin around the age of 35 and can extend through the age of 60. As these years progress we are given lots of tests and opportunities to create the life we truly want and reach our greatest potential. These opportunities can be gauged and seen by following the transits and planetary cycles against your natal birth chart. And the level of difficulty or amount of turbulence they may cause in your life can be directly determined by how well you were able to navigate the first 30 plus years of cycles. Some people call these challenging times "mid-life crisis" periods. I like to call them the "defining moment" periods instead. And side note; this is one of the main reasons, as a new mommy, I feel at a great advantage with this knowledge. I can really help my son know himself from a very unique and powerful perspective early on and nurture him the best I can to be the best he can be.   

Now these mid-life cycles are the outer planet cycles and move much slower than the personal planet cycles, which is why they span many years.These aren't quick fix transits. These are the long-term goal transits. So for me at this point, I am about 6 years into the mid-life cycles and am at another defining moment time.  

I’m 41 now and from approximately 40-42, the cycle we all go through is when transiting Uranus opposes our natal positioned Uranus. It acts much like a Full Moon where there are sudden events, happenings or new realizations that seem to really shift life. This energy begins to shake things up to make sure we haven’t gotten too comfortable and complacent or so caught up in what society, our family and friends or even we think we should be doing with our lives, that we have blocked our own unique path to freedom, full-filled dreams and authentic happiness. I think if you are living consciously it can be just another great opportunity for real progress to occur! Uranus is the great “Awakener” and this is just what she is doing for me.

But before I go into that let me first set this up, with a look just a bit further back. Prior to this lovely cycle, around the age of 35-37 or so we go through another fun cycle that set’s a potential transformation in motion. Pluto square Pluto! This can be summed up in a phrase too, ‘To Evolve or to Not Evolve’.

Around 32 I had just finished going through my first Saturn return and realized that the life I had envisioned for myself was not happening. So I surrendered and took a break. I quit my restaurant job, put down my childhood dream of being an actress and got a real job. I ripped the rug out from under my own life to change it because I wasn’t happy at all. During those years between 32-35 I learned I was capable of more than I ever imagined and I proved to myself that I could do whatever I really set my visions on. I did a lot of study and hard personal discovery work, traveled, took a whirl-wind trip to Paris for my 35th birthday, and then decided to leave my secure 8-5 salaried job to go back to waiting tables so I could be free to follow my own passions. I was clearly on a path. But I had NO idea what path that was. And I’m sure several people thought I was nuts.

Nevertheless, I felt a calling and even though I wasn’t sure what would happen, I was clear about what I didn’t want to create in my life and very confident in wanting the freedom and authority to define my own worth. I wanted control but ultimately I was surrendering to the unknown. Little did I realize that all my work toward getting really comfortable with who I was and the idea that I may not find a life partner and live a traditional family life, was really preparing me for just that. In a nutshell, almost immediately after I left my job I connected with a man I had met through that job and knew the whole time I was there and on this journey. He ended up becoming my husband less than two years later. And six years later we live in a beautiful home, have an adorable two year old son and a solid partnership built on mutual love and respect. And last year I launched Duality and Beyond.

So the lesson from that time that stays with me every day and continues to be a guiding reminder is that when I really focus on being my best Self first, I am able to manifest exactly what my heart truly desires, and more than I could ever imagine. And Astrology has been a trusted force in that guidance the whole way.  

This brings me back to 41 and the middle of Uranus opposing my Uranus. When I turned 40 I had made the call that I would launch my business and finally leave the service industry of “waiting tables” behind for good. I only want to serve in the ways I feel passionately about; taking care of my family, doing consultations and teaching the value of Astrology through as may creative avenues as I can think of. And up until last week I had struggled with making the final step out the door. Last week something shifted. I was going through my same feeling scenario about having to go into the restaurant, but this time I was not as frustrated as I usually was. I would normally get mad at myself for not being more appreciative to have a job to go to and that I would be being very selfish and irresponsible if I left it. But with all the work I have been doing on creating real abundance and discovering where that really comes from it was becoming clearer that I wasn’t creating any real abundance from this job any longer. I had simply grown out of it and hanging onto it now was actually more debilitating to my life because it was keeping me from taking the next step in creating the life I want. It was safe and allowed me to be lazy. SO I went into work and retired! After, almost 25 years I hung up my apron and left the restaurant business for good. And I did it feeling a ton of gratitude for the support it gave me for so long. Saying good-bye to something that has been so helpful and important in making me who I am I have to honor. I had some of my greatest times and met some of my dearest friends through the restaurant business.     

Uranus is about taking chances, breaking with convention, and waking up to your Self in an effort to help you really live from that authentic place. And I have done this in the past and it worked. In fact, the last time I took this kind of risk, I went on the journey I just described above and created the life I have now. And this time I have much more support behind me than I did back then. I believe that that is also a gift I've gotten for having the guts to take that first risk all those years ago. 

So in looking at the current transits and realizing I am in another “defining moment” time in my life it confirmed what I was going through, why I was going through it and I felt even more supported in finally taking that step. I have the support of my family, I have done the personal work and I have the energy of the planets, Universe, Source, God also calling me to make this necessary change. I know that clearing out the old makes way for the new and fear is the only thing that holds us back.

Uranus rules liberation, freedom, hope, wishes and dreams. I feel liberated, free, hopeful, blessed and like I am living a dream. I’m so grateful to all my loves, supporters and guidance counselor- Astrology!

There is more to this cycle and many more to go before 60, but for now, I am good. How about you? Where are you in the cycles of life? Are you tuned in and following your unique path? It’s never too early or too late to allow Astrology to be a guide. Please let me know if I can help. It would be my honor and pleasure.

--Dominique


Reach out and connect with me!





  

Comments

Popular Posts