Battle for Balance

Life is a continuous crusade in finding, creating, and maintaining balance. And wherever there has been any major offset or loss of this, [since last December 8th when Mars, the planet of aggressive action and ambition, moved into its opposite sign of peace, harmony and balance, Libra], the battle has been waged to get there again. And on March 1st Mars went retrograde turning the drive inward. This has taken us each into battle with ourselves as we fight to recommit and reconstruct our relationships and dealings with others to regain authentic connection and personal success. 

And with its role in the cardinal cross configuration, which comes to a head in April, the energy is becoming even more amped up. So whether it's balancing the needs at home with career goals or creative freedom with partnered passions, it's clear that many, if not all, are feeling the push pull between freedom and security during these intense times. 

I am a stay at home mom and I truly love being with my son all day. My husband is super supportive and there is no push for me to do anything more than all that I already do for our home and family. And there are many days when I wish that was enough for me too. However, I cannot deny my inner spirit that propels me to want to live more fully and completely. For me that means to be able to continue my passion to inspire, assist, guide and teach others to live more fully and consciously using the priceless tool of Astrology. And the only way I can truly do that is to be able to do it for myself too. Both take more time, energy and resources than I currently have available, yet I continue to battle every day for my balance. And I do it because I know from my work, experience and inner Self-knowing that if I do nothing for myself, I can't do my best for the ones I love. Oh, I can walk through the duties of doing what I must do, handle the responsibilities of my obligations and I can even find great joy in those things as I live in gratitude of my very blessed life. But still...my deeper spirit and higher 'Self' calls. 

Now even with the awareness of the current transits and how they are affecting me directly, the manifestation of this battle isn't easy or fun, in fact, it comes with many moments of huge frustration, anger, self-doubt and tears and unfortunately it's my loved ones who feel the brunt of it. Lucky them, right? Thank goodness they are so forgiving and supportive. 

Those of you with planets in cardinal signs, (Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn), should very well be able to relate on some level. And since it's highly likely that everyone has some degree of aspect to at least one of these signs, no one is really being left out of these planetary war games.  The Uranus in Aries square to Pluto in Capricorn over the past two years is likely to be responsible for this slow and growing frustration with the status quo. The Grand Cardinal Cross on April 21st will also bring the 5th of 7 of these squares. Yes! Yikes! And with the other half of this configuration of Jupiter in Cancer squaring the Mars retrograde in Libra and opposing Pluto in Capricorn, I am both excited for the calls of change and also anxious about how these new developments will all play out. 

Living Astrology has its benefits and it's liabilities, naturally. I can get validation of the path I am on, I can look forward to see what's coming so I can prepare for the challenges of growth like these, but there is no escaping actually doing the work and going through the motions of the transformation if I am to actually live the life I desire and practice what I preach. No pain, no gain! And, honestly, I would rather have the fore warning and the validation that I am at least fighting the right fight than to blindly feel my way through it all. 

So if you are entrenched in your own personal battle for balance too, I hope you can take some solace in knowing that you are not alone and that the advantage of Astrology awareness is that it can be a huge Ali when you are forced to fight and a trusted friend who will tell you when quietly retreating is the best course of action for survival. 

Mars will go direct on May 19th turning our battle outward again and move out of Libra into Scorpio on July 25th. Work consciously now to define your balance within so that you can be assertive and loving as you implement it. Take good care and remember that we are all going through it, so don't beat yourself up too badly and be gentle with others. See you on the other side! 

Please feel free to share your stories or thoughts on this intense and changing time. Support, comfort and encouragement are always great tools for positive motivation! And I am here if you wish to look deeper into your personal chart for how to navigate through April and beyond!

And you can also follow me on facebook and twitter for more daily support. And sign up for my Newsletter for even more detailed insight delivered to your inbox each month. 

Sincerely,


Dominique

Comments

Popular Posts