Live, Learn and Parent with Saturn

We've all heard the term, "Live and Learn". Well, with the use of Astrology, we can actually learn and then live more successfully through the awareness of the task-master planet Saturn in our chart. And if you believe in reincarnation, where Saturn sits in our chart by sign and house can indicate what we came here to learn and workout this time around to continue our Soul's journey as well. But let's just look at the basics for now. 

Saturn is a 7 year cycle and it works kind of like school. You're given a task to do, learn how to do it, practice it over and over, often failing at first, and then you are tested on it. If you pass the test, you get a reward and then you get to move to the next grade, lesson or level, so you can continue to grow and evolve. And the task we are each given is to learn how to navigate and succeed on this journey called Life. This is how Saturn works in our lives. And every 7 years will mark a pivotal turning point on your path, providing important opportunities to shift life in a better direction. Understanding this placement in our Astrology charts can promote powerful progress and help to reach our goals faster and find our ultimate purpose sooner. Saturn, among other things, is about maturity, authority, ambition and commitment, and governs things like structure, rules, limitations and time. So when we master our Saturn, we become masters of ourselves and the CEO of our lives!

In psychology, they say a child's personality is fully formed by the age of 7. So all the experiences had and structures that are formed during the first seven years will create the foundation of their lives and personalities. Click [here] to read a great article about it.  

And since Saturn is a 7 year cycle, I believe Saturn is key to becoming more aware of our child's natural approach to work, responsibility and problem solving, as well as informing us of the types of skills our children will have or develop to deal with the fears, limitations and challenges they may face in life. It also indicates the types of lessons they will have to learn in order to achieve their goals. So what mother wouldn't want to have this knowledge in her back pocket so she could help guide her children toward being the best they can be and navigating life as successfully as possible? 

As part of life, there are ongoing challenges presented to guide, grow, mend or reform us into more supportive, productive and fulfilled people. And beyond understanding your child's Saturn, the value of understanding and working with our own Saturn is priceless for being able to impart wisdom that can help them through hard times as they are also very influenced by what is witnessed and experienced through watching us. We are all products of our environment and our early childhood environment creates the foundation for the rest of our lives. So although we do come with our own unique "chart" and "hard-wiring", which I believe plays a huge role in the natural expression of are personalities and how we operate, I also believe that that expression can be severely affected for better or worse based on our environment. And here is an amazing video dispelling all the Myths on Nature vs. Nurture, and one that I feel strongly supports my belief in the value of Astrology as a powerful tool for conscious parenting. 

So bottom line, the less stable we are, the less stable these structures are shown to our children and in turn, the more struggles, conflicts and challenges they will face in their lives. It truly is most important to know ourselves as best as we can and to lead by being the best example we can be. And Saturn can help.

Keep reading to get more of my personal experience living, learning and parenting with Saturn to get a better idea of the value of knowing this for yourself and your children. Or if you'd like to jump right into discovering more about your own Saturn through a reading, email me at info@dualityandbeyond.com, or go to my website at www.dualityandbeyond.com  to learn more about me and my services.

Now since we learn best through hindsight. Let's look at my Saturn first. My Saturn is in Taurus in the 11th house of friends, hopes, wishes and dreams. Taurus is about love, partnership, money and personal value. And what I learned and committed to early on was to Not get married or have kids ever because of what I experienced as a child with my mom and dad splitting and witnessing the struggles of single parenting. I was afraid my mother's story would naturally be mine. From my perspective everything was a luxury I couldn't afford or didn't deserve and love was something that was always lost. None of this helped to build my self-esteem, but at the same time this placement made other helpful aspects that gave me great resilience. And over time, age, maturity and self-discovery work, I managed to let go of what 'happened in my life' as a direct definition of who I was and what I could create for my own life. I am not my father or my mother and I can structure my life any way I want and do what works for me without judgment, fear or worry of rejection. And it was after manning this heavy load, at the age of 36, that I was rewarded with an awesome man who would become my partner in life and was gifted a beautiful child to take my journey to a whole new level. Saturn will give you all that you don't even realize you desire, if you are willing to do the hard work and then surrender any plans or expectations of what you think you want.

And by the way, I don't blame my parents for my circumstances growing up because as I know, especially now as a parent, they did the best they could with what they knew based on their own experiences. However, I also believe that part of our individual journey is to become aware of the fact that we can still write our own story and create a different reality for ourselves if we choose to. And a large part of my growth came from having honest conversations with both my parents about where they came from, their upbringing and what they learned as children and young people.

So now that I have a child, an honest, respectful understanding of myself and a passion for Astrology, I can't help but desire to utilize this knowledge and my experiences to teach and support my son to do better than I did. Isn't that every parents goal? And this is just another priceless tool to have in my conscious parenting toolbox.

My son Joseph has Saturn retrograde in Libra in the 6th house. Libra is the sign of diplomacy, kindness, ease and others. The sixth house rules daily routine, health, work and being the home of Virgo, influences the mental aptitude for managing life in an organized way. And as mentioned above, Saturn rules time, responsibility, age and maturity among many things. Now when a planet is retrograde it means that often the energy is a bit more intense and internalized. So in the case of Saturn it can indicate a self regulator of sorts and with a natural ability to self manage. It can also create a dislike of being told how to handle things. And in Joe's case, he seems to really enjoy being the one giving the orders, especially as he is at the age where testing the level of control he can have over his environment is very common and important for him to learn.

Now Joseph is only 3 and half and I can already see the manifestation of his Saturn in Libra. And I have hopes and natural concerns as he grows up. One of the best things is how he handles having to wait and be patient. This is not easy for any kid. When a child wants something they want it NOW and waiting is virtually impossible, often resulting it total meltdowns or tantrums. And waiting is really hard for Joe as well. However, he is super polite about it. Instead of freaking out, he comes to me and says, "Mommy, waiting is reeeeaalllyyyyy hard. I can't wait any more. Please." And he will fuss a bit, but he works really hard to accommodate me and wait. And we talk about the lesson of patience and the value of practicing it for our well being.

And there a ton of other little things I observe all the time too, that I feel are strong Saturn contributors. He is really polite and well mannered, loves books and knowing how things work or function, and is a great helper around the house, as long as I don't order him to do things, but rather ask nicely. And he seems to place a high standard on himself and others to do things 'right' or in a 'certain way' to be enjoyable for him.

And since nothing stands alone, there are obviously things in conjunction with his other chart aspects that influence these characteristics. He is a Pisces Sun and Moon with a Taurus rising, so Saturn seems to support this for the most part. My concerns lye in his development of healthy eating habits and follow-through. I am hoping that with Saturn in the 6th he will have a physical constitution as strong as his memory, but because Saturn can indicate limitations, blocks or where we need to learn something to be better, I am very conscious of teaching him discipline, responsibility and the importance of things like a balanced diet and finishing what you start. 

Also, on a deeper level, I don't think it was any accident that both Joseph's and my Saturn's are in signs ruled by the planet Venus (Libra + Taurus). Both of us will always be working toward creating a certain level of value, ease, peace and harmony in our lives and relationships to provide a strong foundation for building love, abundance and security for ourselves and others. And I believe we were brought together to help each other do that.

Living and learning with Saturn is all about patience and perspective. It takes time to fully understand it's purpose and function in our lives. However, it's never too soon to learn what you may be up against. Fore warned is fore armed, as the saying goes. And I can say from my personal 42 year journey so far that, if we can approach every challenge, issue or problem that comes our way as an opportunity to learn, grow and evolve, then Saturn will continue to reward our efforts. And there will be times when we stumble, but there will always be another chance to create a stepping stone that will bring you closer to achieving success, whatever that looks like for you. 

I believe the knowledge of the entire Astrology chart, and specifically learning how to work with Saturn, can truly make a powerful difference in the level of success that can be reached in one's life. And knowing this for your child can offer you a magical tool for nurturing your little ones toward being the best they can be too. 

I hope sharing my experience and insight on living and learning with Saturn has inspired and supported you on your journey of self-discovery through Astrology. And remember you can follow me on facebook and twitter for more daily support.  And sign up for my Newsletter for even more detailed insight in your inbox each month. 



Comments

Popular Posts