Embracing Our Aquarius Nature!

We are in Aquarius season now! I'm an Aquarius Sun and I am about to turn 46. I have been studying Astrology and doing readings for people for more than a decade now. And when I explain to clients about their Sun sign, I describe it as the overall essence of the personality, but is really more about who we are "becoming" in this life. 

The Natal chart shows us the map or terrain we must travel and navigate throughout life to reach wholeness in life and complete integration with our Sun. It will reveal our emotional approach to life, what we most need and want and why, what we are afraid of an why, what we do or don't do to grow and why, and all the gifts, good qualities and challenging experiences we will have to face, use, work with and learn from to reach our Sun.

So in essence life is a journey of discovering who we uniquely are (Aquarius) and the Sun sign can reveal the "spotlight" we must step into to become who we are truly meant to be and to feel ultimate freedom and fulfillment within and out in the world to be just that.     

But have you ever read about your Sun sign and felt like it didn't really make total sense or feel fully accurate? When I was a young girl I had a poster on the wall in my room that listed a ton of characteristics of an Aquarius Sun. And I remember relating to many of them, but many of them I did not vibe with at all. This was way before I knew there was so much beyond Sun sign Astrology. But I pondered it for a long time until I did.

Aquarius's are "typically" independent, freedom loving, open, accepting, friendly, fun and enjoys being a part of a group. Sure I could get behind that. But then there was, unconventional, eccentric, weird, aloof, cold, a know it all... what? That wasn't me! Or was it?

In early childhood, I remember struggling to feel like I fit in anywhere. I had friends but I didn't always fit into whatever group they were a part of. I remember loving to dance, but not feeling like I fit into a dance class. So I would just have my friends teach me the moves they learned in class and then we would build on those together and make up our own dances.

And I remember in elementary school having some friends who started a "tom-boy" club, which I was, but I wasn't allowed to be in it because I liked to wear dresses. So that really hurt at the time and made me feel judged, too "different", or not good enough to be a part of the group.

Throughout my life I have always maintained an eclectic group of friends. In high school I was friends with kids from all different groups, cheerleaders and athletes, to skaters and drama class kids, from the top of the class to the bottom, the ones who seemed to "fit in" and the ones who didn't. And I had a huge graduation party where ALL these friends came together and it was the first time I really witnessed my own ability to bring people together, regardless of differences and how much I really appreciated what knowing each of them brought to my life. They brought a sense of freedom for me to be MYSELF.   

I have always maintained a "live and let live" philosophy and always consciously done my best to not judge. I think this is very in line with the Aquarian nature. I realize now I hand picked my friends because I didn't always feel like I fit into any one group and wanted the freedom to just be me without any judgment from others and create my own unique group that I felt accepted, loved and whole in.  

There is a saying too that Aquarians love humanity but hate people. And when I first heard it I was like, that's not true! But once I really sat with it, I was like, yeah I get that. Because as a whole I have to believe that people are innately good and kind at the core, or can change to become better, but it certainly isn't the reality of life experience by any means. So I think it is necessary to be selective about who I surround myself with and they don't have to be just like me, they just have to accept me for who I am. So I suppose that could be considered cold and I guess I could come off aloof at times if I don't feel accepted by someone.

And I'd have to say embracing the "unconventional" or "eccentric" part of myself has certainly been through my path of becoming an Astrologer of all things. Not conventional, probably weird to many and often puts me in a place of unavoidable judgment, which is hard and uncomfortable.

But all these years later, in hindsight, I can see my evolution towards my Sun sign and how I have and am still growing to appreciate all of it as part of the whole of me. I also recognize with the full understanding of my Natal chart why my path to this place takes me in the direction it does. 

The journey to "knowing thy Self",  is not a straight shot to the top, it is a spiral staircase. And no one has all the answers until we cross over, and even that is only a belief that keeps us on the hopeful journey, it isn't a knowing. And Aquarians' want to know! But nevertheless we take one cautious step at a time up our personal stairway to ultimate truth, freedom, joy, fulfillment and love...to our personal "heaven".

And even if you are not an Aquarius Sun like me, this still applies to you too. We are each a unique combination of the entire Zodiacal energies, so you do have Aquarius energy within you. And where this is for you in your Natal Chart or what planets may be working in this sign, can reveal how you approach discovering your unique self, the groups and people that you surround yourself with to support your journey toward your Sun and how you break free from an limits or conventions that keep you from reaching Self-actualization, personal fulfillment and becoming a whole piece within the human puzzle.  

Over the course of my life so far as an Aquarius Sun, I have come to realize that I can NEVER go wrong by being authentically who I am. If I know one thing for sure from my personal growth journey and life experience it's that. If I am in alignment with and confident in who I am, I will ALWAYS end up where I am suppose to be, bring in the right relationships, the right friends, the right clients, the right jobs and all the best and highest good for my life. And with my understanding of Astrology I think it's the golden key for all the Signs and each of us.

So during Aquarius season, explore where you are on your unique journey, who you've become so far,  who you really want to be and why you're not there yet. Ask yourself these big questions and don't be afraid of the answers. As cliche as it sounds, the truth will set you free! Free to be YOU...and step more fully into your Sun!


I'll leave you with my favorite saying that I feel really inspires walking the path to "Becoming" our unique selves and stepping into our Sun.  

BE YOU! THE WORLD WILL ADJUST! 

Comments

Popular Posts