How do you connect with Mom?


Today is my mother’s birthday. She is a Cancer Sun,  Virgo Moon and Aquarius Rising. So family is naturally her number one. All she’s ever done and worked for and the thing that brings her the most joy is her family (Cancer). She is out-going, social and independent and her friends (Aquarius) are also like family to her and she treats them like that, always supporting and being there for them at all times (Virgo), no matter the distance.

I am an Aquarius Sun, Cancer Rising and Libra Moon. For most of my life we were often more like friends than mother daughter, always being able to talk about anything and always supporting each other to grow and evolve, even through the tough stuff. And when I became a wife and mother our bond deepened even more through our Cancer connection. Also Virgo rules my 4th house of home, family and roots and my Moon resides there as well. This has always offered us the ability and desire to love each other no matter what, learn from our differences and find real joy in where we connect.  

Now every relationship comes with it’s challenges, all with teaching intentions in my opinion, but nevertheless can often be far from perfect.

And so weather you have a great relationship with your mom or a difficult one, either way, discovering where you connect astrologically can totally assist in finding where you have common ground to stand on and reveal areas and places where you can nurture, improve and more fully enjoy your relationship with her, your children and every other important relationship in your life. 

I believe our relationship with our mother is at the foundation of the way we nurture and love ourselves and others, for better or worse, and this spills over into every other relationship and area of life. 

My experience has been that Astrology first validated the nature of our connection and then living with Astrology in my life continues to support navigating life together in the most healthy ways.

To start to better understand your relationship with your mom using Astrology, you can first look to each of your Sun, Moon and Rising signs and see if there are any similarities. You can also look to the 4th house or where Cancer energy is activated in your chart. This can offer you a jumping off point to begin knowing and nurturing each other on a whole deeper level.   

Today I honor her, our relationship, all she's done for me and our family and all she's taught me about life and love...especially through her overcoming her own challenges and experiences. 

And I am grateful for Astrology as an additional tool I've had in helping me know myself, know her and always keeping our relationship in perspective along the way. 

Happy Birthday to my Cancer Mom! 

And may this maybe inspire you to look to how living with Astrology can nurture your life and relationships too... especially the one with mom. 

Live and Learn 

Nurturing Astrology - for your well Being! 

Comments

Popular Posts