Horoscope Experiment- The Focus

So the dance begins with me having to rewrite this blog post and the next to bring you up to speed on the experiment. As I was trying to make a correction on them after they were posted, I somehow lost them both. Good job Dominique. I know some of you may have gotten to read them before my dumb move, two steps forward and three steps back…, but for those who didn’t let’s start again. Shall we?

February:

So as February began, turning 40 wasn’t as traumatic an event as I had thought. It was actually quite an awesome birthday. Now the Solar Return is essentially that, the transiting Sun returns to conjunct the position of your Natal Sun on the day you were born. It happens once each year, hence the term. However, the placement of the Sun and the other planets on the Astrological chart will be determined by the current transits of that year. The significance of this chart runs from birthday to birthday with about a three month overlap at the beginning and end of each year. It’s not a door-to-door thing.  

For me, my Sun is in the second house of My Solar Return chart this year and therefore this area will be the focus throughout, not just for the month. The second house is concerned with self-worth, values, special skills and earning power. This house is also ruled by Venus which happens to be the planet for my overall Tarot card, The Empress. So this keeps me hopeful.

In terms of business and earning power, this year is about me assessing my value as a business owner, the value of my products and building the skills needed to financially budget and run a successful company. I also have the planets Mercury and Neptune in the second house. Mercury’s influence here calls for the need to gather appropriate information, think carefully and make wise decisions about money, expenditures and work. Neptune, the planet of fog and confusion in this house can indicate monetary uncertainty, which makes total sense when you are starting something new and unproven. Neptune is also the planet of vision, imagination and ascendance. So on a deeper level, my desire is to create something that inspires and sends a message that goes beyond the mundane. My “dream” if you will.

Now my Tarot card for the month of February is the X of Wands, which is about the burdens of success and the weight of ambition. A demanding project, work stress and responsibility along with loneliness, and the inability to delegate can create challenging situations. It is also about determination and improved status as a result of hard work. Well, Duality and Beyond is a sole-proprietorship, it’s essentially me, myself and I. And although I do have a wonderful support system behind me, I am alone. And I do feel that some of the time. I’m an Aquarius though so I am pretty independent and can enjoy working alone and being my own boss. It’s only tough when I need other people to do things I simply can’t do.  





Basically, February was full and active and it was a struggle at times to balance work with the other important aspects of my life; home, husband, baby, family. And by my own doing, I often felt swamped, overwhelmed and stressed. Nevertheless, I am determined and I will plow on with the force of the Taurus Bull.

We will look back later to see how my Sun’s focus really plays out for 2012…

Comments

Popular Posts